Monday, April 12, 2010

56. Learn how to make Siapao.

One of my favorite Filipino foods of all time is Siapao!! I have always wanted to learn how to make it so I could stock up my freezer. They are the perfect snack or meal and thankfully Avie loves these little meat treats as much as her momma does!

A close family friend's mom said that she would teach me how to make it so we planned an afternoon and us girls got down to business. The recipe is surprisingly easy and the dough recipe is very yummy!!

The giant 3 tiered steam pot. I asked where she bought this and of course she said, "The Philippines." Hopefully I can find something similar here or on line.
Kneading the dough.
Avie watching Grandma make the siapao.
Waiting for the finished product. I obviously was too busy stuffing my face at the end because I forgot to take a picture of the final product. Take me word, they looked like the real deal and tasted pretty amazing! Can't wait to test this in my own kitchen and stock up the freezer.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous that you now know how to make siapao. My son loves siapao and can inhale 2 of them in one sitting before I can sit down and start mine. LOL!
    Btw, the closest I ever saw to those pots are the 3-tiered bamboo steamers at World Market.

    ReplyDelete