Tuesday, March 31, 2009

20. Make Avie a skirt on my sewing machine.

My grandmother gave me one of her sewing machines a few years ago (it was used only twice before she gave it to me so it's basically brand new) and only a year ago did I start practicing on it. My sister-in-law, Jenn and my mother-in-law are expert 'sewers' and have been taking me under their wings in the sewing department. I've been wanting for some time to sew a dress or skirt for Avie. Jenn came to visit over Spring Break and we practiced making a 'Lazy Day Skirt'. A friend of hers has a craft blog (www.fromthehandbasket.blogspot.com) where she posted a pattern for this skirt. Jenn and I successfully made one together but the true test was for me to make one on my own after she left. I picked up some super cute cherry fabric at Jo-Ann Fabric's and made one BY MYSELF! Can you tell I'm a bit excited about it?! To make the skirt look finished, I made an applique from the left over fabric and put it on a plain white t-shirt. I'm really happy how it turned out!! Here is the pattern that I used from Oliver & S Lazy Days pattern and you can make one too!It's a miracle I got her to stand still so that I could take a picture of her wearing it. Matt was bribing her with M&M's that's why she is looking up. lol!

1 comment:

  1. OMG Lisa!!! That is fantastic!!! Wow...you're my idol.

    ReplyDelete