Wednesday, November 17, 2010

67. Make my first quilt

 I don't know if the Pioneer Women would be proud of me but heck . . . I sure am!!  So glad to say I can cross this one off my list!  I would say the hardest part after cutting the blocks exactly the same size, was making sure each row lined up almost perfectly.  I could not have done this without the help of my wonderful SIL, Jenn and MIL who both helped me with technique and how to.  I made the quilt for my brother and his wife who are expecting their first child, a girl, due at the end of December 2010.  I was able to deliver the quilt in person to them at their baby shower in Virginia Beach.  They were both touched and excited to have it.  YEA!!
 
 Starting to sew the rows together - what a daunting task!
 Pinning the rows together.
My SIL and I holding the finished product.  I wish I took a picture of the back of the quilt.  I had a really cute pink and white fabric with stars on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment