Friday, April 17, 2009

86. Avie's Big Girl Room

I thought Avie would be in her crib until her 2nd birthday and then we would convert it to a toddler bed. However, Avie had other plans! One afternoon about 2 months ago, I heard a loud thud come from her room during nap time. I went in and there she was smiling, walking around the room and OUT of her crib! Thank God she didn't break anything from her little acrobat stunt! Now that we officially have a big girl, I wanted to give her a big girl room and get rid of her nursery theme and decor. My mother-in-law ordered Avie some wall appliques from Uppercase Living that were pink and brown so I got my inspiration for the room from that. I still have to make some 'fru-fru' type curtains - just haven't found the fabric that I love and we still have to buy her new bedding and a rug for the center of the room. The big part of painting is done and the pink stripes make it very girly. I love it!

BEFORE - I got so excited in painting her room that I forgot to take a 'before picture'. This photo was of her nursery at our old house in Michigan. It gives you an idea of the ABC/Animal and bright/unisex colors we had. And yes, we did the striping in here too in a pale yellow. We are fans of striped walls!

AFTER -View of her room from hallway.

This picture clearly shows the striping that we painted - it turned out awesome!

I painted these stars in the corners of the room then added clear and pink sparkly jewels in the middle of the star.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you come and decorate our house now too?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you are really moving along on your list...I love it. It took me a while to figure out the before picture until I continued reading....:) It looks fabulous....I am hoping once you finish your list maybe you come stay with us over the summer and help me:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! This 101 was a fun one but I must say that I couldn't have done it without Matt. He helped me paint and figure out where the appliques should go. This certainly got me in the mood to paint the rest of the house. Hmmm. . . . ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete