Wednesday, July 15, 2009

19. Read one parent/self-help book a month for a year. (3/12)


#3 - JUNE 2009 - Taking Care of the Me in Mommy by Lisa Whelchel (YES! Blair from The Facts of Life!)

A friend of mine from high school RAP recommended this read to me and I am super glad that she did because I don't know if I would have found this read on my own! Whelchel writes, "As moms we love to serve and nourish our families. But if we don't learn to rest and receive, we run on empty and end up not being the moms we so desperately want to be."

This book has been an AMAZING resource for "fuel stops" and biblical references. I plan on having this book in my night stand to help reference me when needed and I will definitely be reading this book again!

"Abide in me, and I in you. as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me" (John 15:4). The bottom line is, we cannot be the mothers we want to be without the power of Jesus working in us and through us. If we want to see the fruit of the Spirit grow in our children's lives, then we must first make sure we are abiding in Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment