Thursday, July 16, 2009

51. Have a family picnic at a park.

I did not realize that I was "crossing" another 101 off my list until half way through our picnic! I originally had been researching some new things for us to do as a family this summer since last year was a whirlwind with it being our 1st one in Florida and not knowing anything about the area.
Matt and I have always said that if we could take our old neighborhood and beautiful quaint town of Flushing, MI and transplant it down here in Pensacola, life would be close to perfect. We loved the "small town" feel and the constant family oriented activities that the city sponsored throughout the year. So, during my research, I found the Pensacola 'Community Redevelopment Agency' website and found that they sponsored a family event every Thursday during the summer from 5:30 to 7:00 PM at Plaza de Luna Park (named after the explorer who found Pensacola). It is a newly renovated park right downtown on the waterfront. It's really neat, they have water splash pads for the kids, live bands and a different cartoon character running around in costume every week. I called the CRA and they told me that they turn the splash pads on between 4-4:30 so Avie and I arrived up there early at 4:30 and we were able to enjoy the splash pads for 45 minutes by ourselves! It was WONDERFUL!!! It was absolutely a perfect family night out!! I am so thankful to have found a part of Flushing, MI in Pensacola and we are now turning this into a weekly family outing. Matt and I both felt like it was a perfect break in the week to just chill before the weekend.
Enjoying the spalsh pads before other kids arrived!
Picnic time!

No comments:

Post a Comment