Tuesday, January 12, 2010

88. Build a picnic table that seats 10 for our backyard.

We have nice patio seating for four but I really wanted a picnic table because I knew it would be a great way to get more "friendly conversation" seating. We love to have people over and we get a lot of out-of-town visitors through out the year. Plus it would be perfect for eating meals outdoors and doing crafts with Avie when the weather is nice. It would have been easy to buy one at Home Depot but I thought it would be so neat to say, "Hey we built this!"

First thing I did was Google "How to build a picnic table" and surprisingly I found quite a few blue prints. The one my hubby and I decided on was at Picnic Table Design 101. He did about 95% of the work because he chose the coldest weekend in Florida to do this project and my body couldn't handle it. I figure that I did the hard part anyway which was going out and getting all the lumber and supplies. Not to mention I had to unload them into the garage which was a workout! All joking aside, he really did an amazing job on it and we just absolutely love it! We are very excited for the weather to warm up so we can use it.

The 1st leg complete.
It was so cold outside that we built this in the garage!Matt connecting the seats to the legs.
Finished picnic table!
This table is HUGE!

This total project cost $149.48 (all lumber and supplies purchased at Home Depot) and took about 8 hours to build over 2 days.

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you guys....cant wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work!!!! I'm very impressed!!!! Can't wait to see it in a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete