Tuesday, January 12, 2010

19. Read one parent/self-help book a month for a year. (8/12)


#8 - NOVEMBER 2009 - Making the "Terrible" Twos Terrific by John Rosemond

I thought this was a great read to help understand what's going on in the mind of my two year old. She is NOTHING close to being "terrible" - thank God - but I thought it would be nice to read a book geared toward her age. This is my 2nd book I've read by Rosemond and I really like his style of writing and his advice. Brilliant guy!

This line describes my little two year old almost exactly. She is so independent and can do it all by herself and is constantly saying, "I don't need help momma. I'm a big girl!"

" If someone tries to lend a helpful hand, the child may become all the more enraged. His frustration aside, he would still rather do it himself and fail than watch you succeed. Can you blame him?" (pg. 32)

No comments:

Post a Comment