Wednesday, September 1, 2010

55. Learn how to make Kare-Kare.

My Aunt Ne, in Michigan, hands down makes the best Kare-Kare I've ever had! It has been a favorite of mine since my childhood. Every time I visit my aunt, she ALWAYS makes it for me. That's how I know she loves me. :) For those reading that don't know what Kare-Kare is, it is a Philippine stew made with vegetables, oxtail (beef) and the secret ingredient - peanut butter!

I was in Michigan visiting during August and of course stayed at my aunts house for a few days during my travels. I knew she was going to make Kare-Kare for me so I asked her to please show me how so I could make it for my family. My husband likes it but calls it "Peanut Butter Beef" - ha! Avie had it for the first time on this trip and liked it! She even asked for more meat. I was so happy! Like mother, like daughter. ;)

We used fresh veggies picked from my aunt and uncle's garden too!


Some packets that she uses in her recipe. Mama Sita knows what's up! ;)

My beautiful Aunt Ne and my Uncle Ernesto (my mom's oldest brother)

No comments:

Post a Comment